The End of the Freshman Fifteen...
Nearly every college, large or small, operates a fitness center for student use. Health and wellness is becoming a major part of the lives of young people, more so than it has ever been in the past. The problem is that many students don't understand the proper way to exercise and, as a result, may not only be ineffective in their exercise routines but may easily hurt themselves. Though many institutions require release waivers before students can use the facility, this still opens up a major liability for the institution.
The WellnesSpace Solution
- Interactive software acts as a virtual trainer for students – shows them exercises, tracks diet, etc.
- Provides students with all the tools needed to manage a safe and effective fitness routine.
- Encourages young people to maintain a healthy lifestyle through nutritional guidance.
- Calendar and scheduling applications can be used to unite the campus community through communication and events. WellnesSpace utilizes an advanced scheduling and message board system to this end.
This can all be accomplished through a kiosk, which can be set up in the school's fitness facility. The kiosk can be as simple as a budget desktop computer - the software can be accessed and operated effectively from any computer, including students’ dorm computers, laptops, or the library media center.
- Helps students manage an effective wellness plan and healthy lifestyle.
- Reduces the institution's liability in the fitness center.
- Can be used as a communication tool for the campus community.
- A valuable asset to the campus fitness center.
For Athletic Directors
As university athletic programs expand, athletics management and coaching staff have an increased workload and an overabundance of athletes to manage and programs to maintain. Proper training programs, especially for new recruits, are essential building blocks to a successful athletic program. WellnesSpace provides the tools necessary for coaches to effectively manage the training, scheduling and communication between the players and coaching staff of each team. Athletes can log their training and utilize the features of WellnesSpace to advance their training program. During summers and off time, coaching staff can still track their athletes’ training through WellnesSpace.
Please contact us to discuss in detail how WellnesSpace can further benefit your college or university.